You are not alone! Here are some resources to help you in your homeschooling journey:
Evaluators: Need an evaluator to wrap up the school year for your homeschooler(s)? Find one here!
- Sunshine Moss: "I hold a Master's Degree in Education and am a dual certified teacher. I am the organizer of the the Gainesville Homeschool Cooperative and have extensive experience with portfolio evaluations for all models of homeschooling."
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-ops: Can't do it all alone? You're not alone in that! Check out some of the local cooperatives in the area to see if there is a group that is right for you.
- Gainesville Homeschool Cooperative (GHC)
- Titus 2
- Here is a list (maintained by Titus 2) of local homeschooling support groups
People and Places that have services catered to Homeschoolers:
- FLUTE OR PIANO LESSONS: Julie Nance, Flutist/Pianist - email@example.com or 352-275-2737. (GNV area)
I am a mother of five ranging in age from 16 to 6. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in music with an emphasis on flute and piano. I have been teaching off and on for 15 years and have taught (am teaching) each of my kids to play the piano as well. I am also instructing two of my daughters to play the flute. My schedule now allows me to teach students who want to take lessons during the day, ie. homeschoolers. I teach both flute and/or piano in my home and charge $80/month. I live on the SW side of Gainesville near Haille Plantation.
My curriculum includes music theory, scales, technic and ear training. I love music and want you to love it too! There are so many benefits to learning an instrument.
- Foreign Language:
- GERMAN LANGUAGE INSTRUCTION: Patricia Hill, Certified Teacher for German, grades K-12 - firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-338-2080.
I am a certified teacher of German for grades K-12. I have my own, home-based, business and can provide excellent quality instruction in German. I have taught in public schools in New York and in Florida, using both published textbooks and school developed curriculum. I also helped develop the Proficiency Test in German for the New York Department of Education. For more information you can visit my class website.